I’m so excited that you’re participating in this challenge. One of the most important aspects of business is developing a full understanding of your audience so that you can speak their language in all your content. When you can do that you show that you’re an expert in your niche but more importantly, you will begin to build enough trust with your audience that you can build a close community.
When you understand your audience’s language you’ll be able to:
- Craft Effective Headlines – When you think about it the language they use can also be thought of as keywords. We’re not talking about using jargon, but the rather the way they think about a topic, and the words they use to express the issue. Knowing this will help you craft more effective headlines that will help your audience find you.
- Create Descriptive Titles – Titles for blog posts, eBooks, eReports, articles and more all need to be descriptive enough to attract your audience but clear enough to not trick the reader into clicking but make them want to know more and not be disappointed when they click through.
- Tell More Compelling Stories – Understanding your audience so much that you can use the same language as they do because it will help you tell more compelling stories. By understanding how your audience talks, and how they use words to express feelings, will help you tell more compelling stories that they understand even more.
- Provide In-depth Problem Explanations – When you find the common language that you both use, and then identify the differences, you can use those differences to infiltrate the group so that you can better understand and repeat what their problems are that need to be solved. You can really get the feeling of the problem rather than just the mechanics of the problem.
- Develop Better Solutions for Their Problems – Getting down to the nitty-gritty of your ideal audience’s problems and how they express them through complaints or other means will also help you develop better solutions for the problems they have.
- Market to Your Ideal Client More Efficiently – Additionally, you’ll be able to develop marketing materials that speak directly to your audience in a more efficient manner. You’ll know just the right words to use to connect with them so that they trust you enough to try your solution.
- Connect to Your Audience on a Deeper Level – When you are speaking the same way that your audience speaks, and expressing feelings, desires, hopes, and all those things in the same way you’re going to connect to your audience on a much deeper level.
- Increase Engagement and Make More Sales – When you can find common language with your audience you’re also going to engage more, and more engagement generally means that you’re going to sell more too.
When you take the time to not only learn your ideal client’s language you also develop your expertise so that you can get to know your audience, build trust with them, and create a sense of community that will be long lasting and create a more sustainable business.