It’s hard to deny that social media has become one of the most significant methods of marketing. Regardless of your brand or business social media is a very important tool that when used effectively can help drive your company forward.
Compiled here is a list of the top 10 tips any marketer can implement into their social media campaigns to maximize their effectiveness.
- Post regularly: When your audience hears from you regularly you build trust and credibility. Letting days, weeks or months pass between posts can destroy any interest people have in your page. Not only do you risk losing any enthusiasm your followers may have for your page, but they may forget all about you or even just flat out unlike your page.
- Deliver relevant and valuable content: It’s important to give your audience what they are looking for. Be sure what you are delivering is interesting and fits with your brand identity. Understand that relevant content adds value to an online conversation, positions you as a trusted advisor, and makes you believable.
- Be unique: Content curation is great but be sure to create your own unique social media content as well. If you want to stand out on social media you want to be careful not to post content that your audience has already seen. Keep your content unique to your brand.
- Share and retweet: Show your audience you know what’s relevant and widen your audience.
- Position yourself as the expert: Respond to social media users asking questions when you legitimately know the answer regardless of whether the question appears on your page or not. Avoid following up your assistance with a call-to-action or sales pitch, focus on being a source of value.
- Always use images: Images are attention-grabbing. Use them to your advantage and enjoy better engagement than text-only posts.
- Hashtags are for strategy: It’s tempting to make up cute hashtags on the fly as you write your posts, and while there are times you’ll want to blaze your own trail, following existing trends will help you broaden your reach.
- Keep your eye on the competition: Follow your competitors online and keep tabs on what they are posting. Test our similar content of your own when you see something working for them.
- Hold Contests and Giveaways: Everyone loves to win and there are few things that generate a buzz like giving away free stuff. Consider some friendly competition among your followers and attract new followers by inviting everyone to join in.
- Encourage employee engagement on your channels: Enlist your staff in assisting with getting the word out by sharing your content on their personal channels. After all, your employees are among your best endorsers.