Not having the right social media channels for your customers to reach out to you is the 1995 equivalent of not having a phone line. Cassandra Hayes, SocialBro.com
Regardless of whether or not you have embraced social media to market your business or brand, this interactive tool is here to stay. Clinging to outdated methods of marketing with reckless disregard for the influence and far-reaching abilities social media offers is like running your business with your head in the sand and it can actually harm your business.
Here are a few weighty reasons why not using social media can harm your business.
- You’re amazing but no one knows it.You may have a wonderfully loyal customer base however, I’m sure you would agree that it would be great to build on that. I’m also sure you would agree that it would be helpful to let others know all about your satisfied customers. Social media is a great place to share customer testimonials and you will learn quickly that customers are happy to share their buying experience all on their own. Here are a few great tips on how to effectively use testimonials.
- Trash Talk. No matter how fabulous you are there will come a time when a customer feels unhappy with your product or service. Unfortunately, while happy customers love to share their experience – so do unhappy customers. Without a social media presence, it’s not possible for you to monitor the trash talk. If you don’t know what’s being said about you there is no opportunity to answer the matter in question and demonstrate the fact that you do care about your customers as well as offering follow up customer service. Here’s a guide on how to manage your reputation on social media.
- Chitter Chatter, Let’s Get At ‘Er. Interaction is the name of the game when it comes to social media. Building communities that you engage with bring about customer loyalty. Starting conversations, joining conversations, sharing product updates, sponsoring contests and even running surveys are great ways to get people talking with you and about you. A business that is without a social media presence simply does not have the same opportunity to engage their customer. Here are a few ways to increase your online engagement.
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye. When you need to launch a new product or make an important announcement regarding your business platforms like Facebook and Twitter are your best friends. These platforms also allow your business the opportunity to ‘test’ out something new and get valuable feedback. This increases your odds of success considering you are able to determine in advance what will work and what won’t. Here are 5 great ideas for launching a new product on social media.
- Damage Control. Most companies will experience some sort of public train wreck in their business. Incorporating social media strategy highly increases the ability to rise above the crisis. When angry voices are creating a storm online your business needs to abolish unfound rumors and speculations while showing off their phenomenal customer service and true character. Here are 5 steps for successful social media damage control.
It’s never too late to get started on social media. Friends, fans, and followers are all there waiting for you, time to join the party!
How has being on social media saved your business from harm? We would love to hear about it. Feel free to leave your stories and advice in the comments below.