Want to maximize your online marketing efforts? I’ve collected 10 of the most powerful tips from Rand Fishkin, founder of Moz, to inspire you as you work towards your goals.
- Tell a story. Make it true. Make it compelling. And make it relevant.
- Best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn the awareness, respect, and trust of those who might buy.
- Don’t build links, build relationships.
- Community…makes every other channel-social, search, email, content, viral, etc.-more effective.
- A hard thing is done by figuring out how to start.
- Nothing worth having comes easy. Relationships (of all kinds) take work. Customers take work. Building a team takes work. If it’s easy it’s often not worth having and almost never a competitive advantage.
- Marketing first, product second.
- Money is a side effect of having a mission and purpose.
- If you’re not uncomfortable, you’re not being transparent enough.
- You have to ask yourself, whenever you are producing any type of content, who will amplify this and why?
Have any great Rand Fishkin quotes to add? Please share them with us – we’d love the inspiration!